IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I took my wife and clownmouth out to the might Columbia to see if Rarin' To Go could catch a salmon WITHOUT the help of team Carrot.

Guess what? I am still in shock.

My wife got a nice sized fish, we weighed it when we got home and it was about 20. We don't have a fish scale, so that might be low or high. Never needed one before :cheers:

Anyway, it had a bit of red on the tale, but otherwise was a URB.

I am still in shock!

We were across from sand Island in the picket fence area running wobblers in about 45 feet of water.

Good luck. I am taking the day off tomorrow (watching the smoker) and will hit it again on Monday and Tuesday!!! Wooo Hooo!

Chacal

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and what do you do with Salmon eggs?

I have never fished with them and I have about four handfuls now.

They are in the fridge....

Help!

Chacal

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the salmon and the eggs, :dance: I would buy some Amerman Egg cure http://www.ifish.net/add.cgi?http://www.ifish.net/amer.html and there is a link that shows you step by step on how to use the cure I have not yet tried them yet because I keep catching bucks, but if you do a search on Amerman egg cure you should find alot of info. Good Luck :cheers:

[ 08-30-2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
Chacal,you the man,nice work. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
327 Posts
well clown and chacal there is a god, and he says even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then ....CONGRADULATIONS..sincerely droughting in colorado...STEVE

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Hey, congratulations! You certainly put in the effort and earned that fish.

About the eggs... all the commercial cures are simple to use. If there's obvious blood in the eggs, it's nice to get that out prior to curing. Otherwise don't sweat it, just follow the directions on the package and they'll likely turn out just fine.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Just send those berries over to Team Carrot Milk, and we will learn you how to cure and use them!!!! :dance:

Nice work!
PS You should be wearing socks with those shoes..........oh wait, you are! :shrug:

[ 08-30-2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Ray S.
900 Posts
Congratulations on the nookie. Forget all that borax and stuff mix those little pearls in soy sauce overnight then put them on some stcky rice for breakfast. You will be thinking like a fishy on your next voyage skipper.
Tight lines
Ray

·
Registered
344 Posts
Amerman eggs are the best we've ever used. They have mail order cure for around $6.00 I think.

[ 08-30-2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: David Ulrich ]

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
My dad was out there today and he got one too. Gongrats on the chinook. It is about time....

I bet the boat is not for sale any longer.. :grin:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've used Pro-Cure Redd Hot a few times. Seems to work well for me. Just make sure you wear gloves, unless ofcourse you like running around with hot pink hands :smile:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all of the egg advice!

I know, I know, I could have done a search, but this is more fun.

Chacal

P.S. Zaq, I would go swimming, but this guy named AHAB keeps following me around... :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts