IFish Fishing Forum banner

No. Santiam Tomorrow

703 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  night stocker 
#1 ·
Looking to drift No. santiam tomorrow. Want interested iFisher that knows either drift from Fishermans Bend to Mehama or Stayton to Shelburn that would like to go. Please be familiar with low water conditions.

#4 ·
Yeh, I know it is low and that is why I wanted someone familiar with it so to minimize the hurts to the Clackacraft. It is coated, and has a few scars already...just want to keep it to a minimum. I know greens bridge to Jefferson, so was hoping to try ne water.

#5 ·
my opinion is stayton to shelburn is fairly mellow. Fishermans down however is not especially at 3.1 or 3.2. If you wanted to check it out on a weekend day, respond here. My tupperware (clacka) is experienced (ugly) but functional and I float that area often.

#11 ·
Thanks to all for the info. Guess I decided to not get that adventurous. But I would be open to joining one of you (weekend or weekday), bank or float. Still would lke to float it though.

#14 ·
it was really low three weeks ago when i drifted mehema to stayton.i can't imagine doing it now in my alumaweld.i don't care about the battle scars on my boat,but i don't like to play drag boat too much.going to try coat it on the bottom one of these days when i have got nothing better to do.as it is,it will stick like glue in several places.the stayton to shelburn i stuck bad below the ramp about 1 mile.got to the left channel of the island,right along the tree with the rootwad attached,and as close to the left bank as you can.there is just enough water to get through there.peice of cake the rest of the way down.a glass boat might slide right through there.how low can you go? :rolleyes:
NS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.