IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
129,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man! I just remembered my dream last night! I had this terrible nightmare ALL night that just went on forever!

It started when we were driving down the freeway, and the cops started to turn everyone around. People were going the wrong way on the Freeway, around Tualitan. The police were turning everyone away from Portland, and sending them home.

There was some kind of nuclear warning going on, and everyone needed to stay inside, and shut their windows and curtains. Something about the sunlight... if you saw it, you'd die? Weird dreams!

It was so scary! I'm just exhausted from a whole night of stress! We couldn't use phones.. Oh! I remember one funny part! We were all collecting in this one room, and people had one possession that they took along, and that's all. I had my new pink rod with me! :laugh: All my girlfriends were laughing. They had girl stuff... I had my new pink rod that StickFish made! :laugh:

Have you ever had one of those 'end of the world' as we know it, dreams? I have them about once every five years. I wonder what brought that on? So weird! Everything was closed up, no phone, no electricity, no news, so we didn't know what was going on. I wish I remembered more. It was so detailed!

Jen

· Registered
8,397 Posts
Everything was closed up, no phone, no electricity, no news, so we didn't know what was going on. I wish I remembered more. It was so detailed!

Hmm Sounds like when I lived in the Mattole Valley. It wasn't the end of the world ...But it was the end of the earth .. :smirk:

· Administrator
129,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, my dog was part of the family... he was there. :)

· Registered
3,058 Posts
sorry to hear about the dream.. maybe it's just anxiety about TOPOFF 4 coming to the Portland metro area this Oct.

It is only a simulation. A 'fire-drill' so to speak... just practicing to keep the skills honed and communication structure working.

· Registered
7,098 Posts
I sympathize. I hate those marathon bad dreams. The worst part is when you KNOW it's a dream, and you just want to wake up and shake it off. But you can't. :help:

Thanks for the heads-up about the DHS exercise, pdx kevin. I'll think I'll make plans to be elsewhere on those dates. Like maybe Antarctica.

· Premium Member
29,833 Posts
'Not quite as scarey but awhile back I had this recurring dream of a woman's dead body laying up on an embankment above a logging road in a Coast Range area I hunt and know very well and just out of sight of vehicles that might drive by. I knew the exact location. My wife tells me when your body (in this case, mind) tells you things, you have to pay attention. Finally, I just had to check this out in order to get it out of my mind - - but, I wasn't going out there to look for a dead body alone :noway::noway: - - - 'made the wife go with me! I think she about half expected we would find something, too. Well, no body and the dream ended! :clap::clap: Don

· Registered
16,924 Posts
Last night's dream was awful.....

All the other boats around were catching salmon. But not us. Not catching fish. Not catching fish..... this goes on for awhile. Truly awful.

Then in the dream I think -- "Hey, how old is this scent?". I looked at the bottle and it was from 2001.:shocked: !!!! NOOoooooo! The fright of that woke me up.

This morning I went and checked my scents.

The good news is the scents are fresh, the bad dream was only that.

The bad news is I still don't know why I'm not catching more 'nooks :help:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.