IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to try some of the night fishing that Fear No Fish enjoys but down here near Portland. I looked through the WA regulations book and I did not see any night closures at all for the stretch from Tounge Point to I-5 on the Columbia. I have a WA license and will be fishing the WA side. Does anybody know if there is any restrictions?

Also, if you dont mind sharing any ideas or things i want to be careful about. Any help is much appreciated. Oh yeah, guess what I will be using, K13 lighted Kwikies and glow spinners. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Heh-Heh-Heh,
Attaboy James! Take Thumper with you and fish the mouth of the Lewis. I hope I haven't created a monster! Let some swim by so I can beat up on em! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I scored another dozen of the K-13's with the old style rattle. I also have been picking up the new style vortexes at $6.99 a pop! Clears, Red with black back and clear with black back. Have you gotten any hooks glowed up? With my new work schedule I will be out almost every night this year, won't have to work any graveyards. Shooting for 200 this season! :cheers:

[ 06-12-2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You old folks need to get your beauty sleep. We don't keep em all, just like to play with em. You could always show that picture of that puny 16 pounder. We caught over 25 of those thangs last year. :tongue: You can fish on the Oregon side if you can afford the ticket, as they do not allow it!You can come on over to the Washington side with a license from our state! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That must be one of the smallies from the Hanford Reach. The reason I say that is because it was glowing! God bless Nuclear Power. Remember, youse guys are downriver! You will all start to look like the fishing geek, sooner or later! :cheers:

G

·
Good fortune James. If he taught ya' night fishing, you will be bangin em. Those huge hatchery steelhead were awesome you guys got into.

Grew up night fishin' for Crappie and Cats. We used glow wheaties, glow minner's, glow worms and glow corn. We crushed up lightning bugs and put it on our bait. (No kidding) See Fear, Granpa knew.....

:laugh:

I snuck a few of the blinking ones into my box too. :smile:

[ 06-12-2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zeuth, the Columbia is open from the mouth to I-5 for clipped steelhead. Then it opens on 6/16 all the way to hwy 395 bridge for clipped summer chinook and summer steelhead.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Thanks for the info, I got both a WA and OR :smile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
A fun technique we use up in the reach and priest pool is casting glowing spoons at night while drifting. We use black lucky glo spoons with some hand painted glow designs. Charge em with a camera flash or maglight every 4-5 casts and hang on. Some nights if we find good hole we can't keep em off! Good fun. :dance: If you need these these spoons email me and I can get you some. :cool:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The lighted spin -N- glows (wazzats)work good too behind a jet Diver. The trouble is when you hook a big Hanford Reach Hog, it is too darn dark to see what is going on. Absolute darkness as there are no lights whatsoever. If you are into thrills, it can't be beat for them. I prefer to fish above the Dams as there is some light to see by. :cheers:

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you have an Oregon Fishing liscense you are restricted to daylight hours (1 hr before sunrise to 1 hr after sunset) for most game species.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts