IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how the night bite for steelhead has been at McNary or Ice Harbor lately. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow night for the first time this year, and haven't seen any posts from FNF lately. We'll probably try for walleyes for an hour or two at sunset and then move above the dam to drag some Vortexes or kwiks.

Has anyone had success with the lighted Brads?

· Registered
3,785 Posts
Holy Smokes Lure Dragger, I wanna go with you!!! I have fished three times at night above McNary this year. The first trip nothing, second trip one slam but didn't stay hooked. Last night we fished from 7pm until 11pm and caught two wild fish. PM me Starfish if you want any further details.

RM

· Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J_L, this fishery is typically trolling lighted lures with a boat so I haven't heard much of a bank fishery at night (although you could definitely try a light stick on your bobber and use a Whazzat or glow corkie with a shrimp up on the Snake River or at Wallula).

RM and LureDragger, thanks for the updates! I'll give it a try tonight and post an update.

· Registered
438 Posts
Wazzat & shrimp would be my pic for steel. fished 11 trips this year, mostly at night, tagged 12 steelhead, probably released as many natives, also caught 7 kings on same trips. A lot of fish for so little effort.

· Registered
812 Posts
I was fishing the NF Lewis on a regular basis at night...until Friday night when the Local 50 showed up and made everyone leave. Said that the parking lot we had parked in closed at dusk and the only way to access our location was by boat.....

What a load of horse dung. They open the river below this location...or above that location...but harrass you for where you parked your car??

They said it was because of property being damaged in the area at night...that's why the lot is closed. If I park my car there and it gets broken into....it's my fault for leaving stuff out for the theives to try to take.

I only get to fish at night most of the time right now...because of a new addition to the family...and my work schedule. I sure wish the Fish and Game guys could get with the 50 and figure out how to make it possible to accomodate an open river situation...with a parking lot that's open to park your car to fish the open river at night....make sense....arghhhhhhhhhh

· Registered
471 Posts
Can this be done from the bank?
Any info would be appreciated.
Yes it can. Has to be on the Washington side of course, they boober fish just east of the dam maybe half or 3/4 of a mile by the pump station. I haven't driven there but see folks fishing during the day all of the time. Take the Plymouth exit off I-82 go east to the dam and I'd guess the road paralells the railroad track. Might want to explore the first time during the day.

Mike

· Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last night seemed a little (lot!) better... we fished below the dam for three and a half hours and caught three nice walleyes (6, 6.5, 8.5) on hot lips and reefrunners, and then went above the dam for another three and a half hours and caught two keeper steelhead and missed a big takedown, all on Vortexes. All WA side, slow troll 65' flatline, one with shrimp on the belly hook.

· Registered
2,937 Posts
Starfish, what color/size hot lips and reef runners for the walleye?? I never had any luck on those reef runners. Are you using the larger deep runners?

· Registered
485 Posts
McBride, You're a genius!! Good job.
I'm jealous. Where were the fish Monday??
:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.