IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my copy of Hunting and Fishing News and they had a report on Lake of the Woods.I didn't know that you could fish that lake for trout 24 hours a day.Is there any other lakes in Oregon that allow trout fishing at night and does anybody have tips on fishing at night for trout?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Registered
I don't think night fishing for trout is legal anywhere in Oregon :depressed: ...but its OK in Washington. :cool:

Many years ago I flyfished at night for searun cutthroats in the lower tidewater reaches of a couple of Columbia River tribs on the Washington side below Longview...wading in hip boots along the shoreline. My advice is to night fish only in places that you have fished a lot during the daytime and know where the fish lie...and know where the logs, holes, dropoffs and other wading hazards are.

[ 06-28-2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: GutshotApe ]

Registered
You're right...even though the statewide regs on pg. 13 of the synopsis say "Unlawful to angle for salmon, shad, steelhead, sturgeon, trout, or whitefish except in daylight hours"...the individual listings for those 2 lakes do say "angling allowed 24 hours per day".

That's not the same as saying "trout angling allowed 24 hrs...." but that's probably the intent of the rule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts