IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biggest doesn't necessarily mean nicest. Let's see those photos of your NICEST fish. Could be nicest fighter, looking, etc.

Here's my personal favorite. A 22 pound (measured) Skykomish River native steelhead, caught and released in 1999.

[ 10-29-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: parker ]

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
nice picture :bowdown: 20 pounds or 20 inches :wink: i caught a fall fish last weekend i thought would go #30 but turned out to be #22.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A very nice fish with out a doubt!!! :bowdown: but.....please send me your scale in time for Winter Steelhead fishing? :whazzup:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, low 20's. It went 22 pounds on the measurements.

Here's a smaller fish. Some photos don't do the fish any justice.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Parker... good pics, seen em before. The water sure is crystal clear in that first one, beautiful. Not to change the subject but what's gonna happen in Huskyville this week, I hope the team that showed up for Nevada comes to the stadium this saturday. Go DUCKS! :grin:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dunno, but this will probably be the only Husky game I'll get to see this year.

I hope the Dawgs can pull off a victory. Might be tough though, as those damn Ducks are looking pretty good.

THE game to watch this week is WSU vs USC. Should be a good game!

Go WSU. That way, it will be really nice when those sucky-Dawgs beat those high-ranked Cougs in the Apple Cup! :grin:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My best todate is a 36in hen out of the Santiam taken on Sand Shrimp 10/14/00 :dance:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bustin' your chops Parker......nice fish!! I'll see if I can scrape up a photo of mine. One was in 89' caught on the Willamette in March it was 19# on the nose. The 2nd, but I think it was bigger, was on the Wind in the spring of 91'. The bummer is my buddy was on the opposite side of the river with the camera so it really is a bad pic. I don't want to speculate but it was bigger than the 19#er by a few #'s in my opinion. I know, I know....excuses, excuses. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Not the biggest by any means, but it sure was pretty. And it really ticked off my fishing partner, as seen by the look on his face. Siletz river, January 2003

Scott

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't know if these qualify for the nicest but 2 pretty good North Santiam, March summers :cool:

[ 10-29-2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Crambone ]

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Of all the steelhead I've caught, this one stands out as the most beautiful fish I've ever had the pleasure of landing. The tail fin on this fish is absolutely HUGE. That is a size 12 boot in the picture. I've never caught a fish quite like it since.

Wilson River Jan 95 red corkie/white yarn.

Mark

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Winter 02, 15lbs (really) Or was it 20lbs of Sandy River Heavy Metal?? Any way :rolleyes: Caught plunk'n...This one weighed less cuz it didn't have an adipose fin

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not really all that pretty but at 50 pounds who cares... :wink: Just kiddin' ya Parker. I thought this buck would be close to 20# when I caught him last year but on the measurements it wasn't quite 17#. Looks even smaller on the pic since it is laying on its side a little. I was more concerned about getting a quick pic and back in the water. Roger's seen this pic before too.
Bill

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
No photo, but mine would be a chubby girl I caught in March of 1987 on the South Coquille. She was chrome bright, 34" long and 16 3/4 pounds.

·
Registered
505 Posts
In the April edition of STS magazine, there is an Add for Andes Fishing Line that shows a guide and some social degenerate holding a fat Sandy buck. Said degenerate would be moi.

When I told Tim the guide that I thought that the fish had me hung up, because it was bigger than any steelehead I had ever hooked and it had just stopped in that hole, he stepped over the bow seat, tightened the drag, and said, " hung up, hell, there's nothing in that hole to get hung up on. Now get the fish to the boat because it's probably a big native I don't want you tiring that thing to death."

Even after tightening the drag the fish made two nice runs when we got it near the boat. Unvelievable fish.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

A decent summer steelhead on the Santiam.
Caught with Seth Fisher of Fisher Jigs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This one isn't my biggest or necessarily the nicest looking. It's my most recent 20 ish caught last spring.

Please excuse the picture quality. It's a scanned 4X6 35mm photo. That's why it's a bit grainy. :smile:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts