IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jennie,
I wanted to share with you a few words that I passed on to the KATU Management in appreciation of Grant's McOmie and his recent efforts.

KATU Station Management / Mike Rausch:

I wanted to pass on Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s heart-felt appreciation for the time, effort and fine workmanship that Grant McOmie and his camera crew have accomplished not only for KATU, but also for our enforcement staff as well as the image of our agency. Grant’s coverage as well as the cooperation of the folks at IFISH.NET has brought not only the much needed attention to the issue, but a sense of community ownership that has been instilled toward addressing a problem that would continue to spiral out of control.

Grant’s coverage has given our local enforcement staff a renewed feeling of worth and accomplishment to see our efforts displayed before the public on your channel to learn that we are not alone in our dedication to protecting our resources. We hear from our public everyday that they have watched the stories on KATU news. Grant’s persistence and dedication to getting the best story possible was evident in his many trips out with our officers, many during late hours, some of which were without substance. He stuck with it until he could be in the middle of the action. That’s much the story of our jobs as Fish and Wildlife Officers, that tireless persistence. We’ll take Grant on board any day to become one of our Game Wardens. We all realized he has exactly what it takes. His coverage certainly confirms that. Thank you for letting him share his time with us and for recognizing that our resource issues rise to a level that is newsworthy to your viewers.

Sgt. Rick Webb

Washington Dept. Fish and Wildlife

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
YES!!!!

And thanks to you, Sgt Webb, who managed to get Grant out there time and time again. The story couldn't have unfolded without your help as well.

It's nice to see a WIN-WIN deal like this succeed. Hurrah! :cheers:

Skein

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
WHOO HOOO!! :cheers: Didn't get to see the segment on the TV, but I played the movie clip from KATU's website.
Thanks to Sgt. Webb and everyone who's doing their part! :dance:

-jokester

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Right On! :cheers: (Mountain Dew)!

I missed the tv segments with all my moving and all and if someone has a copy(s) of it/them I would appreciate borrowing.

If not I will see if Grant can fetch us one.

Meanwhile now that I am finally moved up to this beautifull state of Washington, I want to really get involved and get others involved in this rebuilding of fisherman eticut this winter and spring/summer in preparation of the fall season in '04.

But for now I have to go train some late strain coho's on how to bite wiggler's and eggs. :grin:

In the chops! (where else) :smile:

Dano

[ 11-05-2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts