IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With summer upon us.. Rivers get low Very low...
Which river is a good one to run a driter in... I vote for the NFL from Below merwin to the hatch. Also does anybody ever go below the hatchery in a driftboat? Even if the fishing is bad where can the floating be good!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Lots of people float there Drift boats from the hatchery on down river. The only problem with that is that them drift boaters and the sleds don't get along with each other. Lot more sleds on the lower part of the river then upper(at times).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The lower stretch of the NFL isn't too bad once the summer flows get here. I think it gets low enough that the sleds are limited to staying in the deeper pools. I've done it on the 4th of July and didn't see very many sleds at all.

Have fun.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
That's right! The NFL is no place to be with your sled in the low flows of summer. :wink:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
and we have thumper over there with his 16 foot jon boat just praying for lower flow :wink:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Lets Limbo! How low can you go? :shocked:

[ 06-09-2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Tilla ]

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Fast Water: :cheers:

The dam down to the hatchery is an excellent drift. Even if you don't catch a fish, the scenery is beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts