IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of lauching my sled this weekend and hitting the Lewis for silvers. Any recent reports would be appreciated particularly on the mid to lower river area.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Lots of fish around and still coming in.. I would hit the lower river below the Golf course, flows are good and rumors of fresh late summers millin around down low! I know the fish at the hatch are starting to turn, and you don't want to mess with that crowd... No need to if you have a sled... Rumors of fish Up river of the hatch also... Bring WD 40!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FastAction,

Thanks for the report. Just curious what the boat traffic has been like lately on the weekends? I want to go but if it's going to be a zoo in every hole I may look for an alternative.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Tar colored fish. Yum. If you wantem, come in get em. Me, I'm going bird hunting.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
About 30% of the fish we are seeing are keepable. About 10% are in excellent (fresh water) condition. So, there are still some "type S" Coho coming in.

There are a lot of fish heading up to the dam. last Monday we removed 800 from the trap and this Thursday we moved an additional 1200 from the Merwin trap. 95% Coho the rest Chinook and Steelhead.

Of the Chinook we are seeing, most of them are Tules and we are seeing a small amount of Lewis River brites.

Word of warning: Above the hatchery up to the upper intakes there are a lot of Tule redds. Pretty soon they will turn over most every rock in that stretch.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of jokers fishing right through the redds. :mad:

Pretty soon it will be very difficult to fish around the redds.

:smile:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
You will have some competiton... Lauch at the Golf course.. I imagine Ceader Ck area will be a ZOO! BTW there are no fish in Kalama tide water that like Brads Wigglers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts