IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I'm thinking about Sunday but watching the wind forecast. It's a LONG slog into a 2' chop in my plywood boat. I frequently envy the heavy aluminum and glass boats plowing through the snotty stuff but then forget about that when it only takes me 33 gallons to fill up after a trip to the corners.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I frequently envy the heavy aluminum and glass boats plowing through the snotty stuff but then forget about that when it only takes me 33 gallons to fill up after a trip to the corners.
Exactly. I'm at about 33 gallons by the time I hit the whistle buoy. Oh it's so painful.

Reactions: Broadoak

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok. South wind looks to arrive on Monday. I am going to try a run to the pig and beyond tomorrow out of newport. Looking for others to join for hunting party

·
Registered
tuners, steeltrouts, lings, anything goes
2,348 Posts
NOAA:
View attachment 986739 Does this look like a long run home from the corners? Or is this not enough of a south wind to be an issue? Doesn't agree with Windy perfectly.....jonb
I recommend cross-referencing Windfinder and Windy for this info. NOAA is always the last place I look honestly.

·
Registered
22,583 Posts
I definitely use all three, I've just had NOAA be much further off than the other two most times I've gone.
Agreed. Windy seems to forecast wind a bit higher and NOAA lower. Windy is my first look for wind followed by windfinder and then NOAA. Multiple swell show a little better on magic. Using only one source will disappoint.

·
Registered
Stabicraft 2250 UCC OS "Gypsy Davie"
420 Posts
My goto is Windy, it seems like they've often got the more pessimistic forecast, but that also tells me if the conditions on Windy are a go then it's likely to be the case when I get out there. I'm a big fan of referencing as many sources as possible, that's always a good idea with the ocean.

·
Registered
Stabicraft 2250 UCC OS "Gypsy Davie"
420 Posts
I'm liking the forecast fri-sun so far, long way out I'll firm up tomorrow but I've got a crew lined up all 3 days. Gypsy Davie on ch78. Not sure when we'll leave with the minus tide, hoping to form a #wolfpack with a few other boats

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Edit - oops had time wrong. Fri. Were looking at leaving out about 01am. Heading for the corners. By the time tall get out there hopefully we'll have some tuners in the box. See yall out there. Good luck.

Reactions: Broadoak
21 - 40 of 45 Posts