IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, due to driving all night, non-stop, from Wyoming we were able to catch the end of the last ‘tuna weather window’, making an impulsive run on Wednesday (3rd). Arrived in town around 5:30 am. Unpacked, set up camp, prepped gear, launched, fueled, iced, and went for it. Just me & my twin girls for this trip. It was a long day, with a worthwhile evening bite for those that stuck around... Ended up with 22 tuna.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Fingers crossed for Monday. I've got a spot booked with Dockside to chase em on Monday. They don't like to go too far out after them, so crossing all fingers, toes, etc.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Monday/Tuesday August 8/9 looks like a good Tuna killing window to me. All the different marine weather forecasts are in agreement (rare) that you will have 4-5' swells @ 9 seconds, 1' wind waves, with 5-9 knots mostly south wind. Low tide 4:00 (-0'5"). High tide 10:51 (5'9"). The water in your target zone yesterday was 63° and fishy blue-green, according to Terrafin.

Kill'em!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Nice, Rymart. How do you overlay wind and swell on Windy? I have to toggle back and forth.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Vigilante will be out there unless the forecast goes down hill. Leaving from Newport. What channel will you be on Ryan?
Bob

1 - 20 of 45 Posts