IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
right now it looks like i'll be going with my family, will be listening to 16,and 78. probably run towards the bannana and a little north .look us up we will be there fri night. If we dont see you good luck,and fish safe
Jason

· Registered
17,451 Posts
Gud luck Bruce - should be an awsome weekend. I think I'd head out of Depoe though - closer to where the action has been - either way me and my Elbow will be wishing you well

· Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
15,144 Posts
Yeah I am in either Depoe or Newport. I'm leaning to Newport 'cause of live bait.

If we get bait I will be leaving later. Or getting the bait the night before.

· Registered
10 Posts
:dance::meme::meme:
The Casting Couch will be leaving at daylight towards the Banana, Then Halibut, and any energy or room left will be for those pesky Salmon. Channel 78.
The Dahlfin from Salem is planning on going out friday morning for salmon, then saturday morning out for one more good tuna run out past the banana bank, hope to see you all out there,, and have lots of fun, john

· Registered
537 Posts
Will depart at 5 to 5:30 am saturday,wing out I'll be there

:cheers:
Reef Diver and Hanapa's Time will be heading out of Newport Sat 5 ish
to the Bananna and a little North if need be.:dance:
We will be there Friday night with the camper in the over flow parking. Stop by and visit if you get a chance.
RD

· Banned
8,835 Posts
Yep, yep, and yep!!!!

The jumpers are starting to show, and the fishtraps/Tunabites are starting to work, and I'm thinking it's time to break out the flyrod again. We actually caught a regular-sized tuna yesterday instead of those HOGS we've been catching, so there's hope for my 12wt. We didn't weigh the biggest ones yesterday, but I believe one of them was the largest tuna I've ever put on the boat.

What a season!!!! Epic!!!!

Skein

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Yep, yep, and yep!!!!

The jumpers are starting to show, and the fishtraps/Tunabites are starting to work, and I'm thinking it's time to break out the flyrod again. We actually caught a regular-sized tuna yesterday instead of those HOGS we've been catching, so there's hope for my 12wt. We didn't weigh the biggest ones yesterday, but I believe one of them was the largest tuna I've ever put on the boat.

What a season!!!! Epic!!!!

Skein

Jim, can't wait to see another photo and hear a story of fly caught tuna again. Way cool and very sporting. I admire that.

· Registered
7,149 Posts
I've got some fresh swimbaits I'd like to learn how to fish and the weekend is looking soooooo nice right now. If my boat didn't have such a drinkin problem I might be willing. :passout:

· Registered
21,998 Posts
I've got some fresh swimbaits I'd like to learn how to fish and the weekend is looking soooooo nice right now. If my boat didn't have such a drinkin problem I might be willing. :passout:

Figure out how to put a prop on that sucker Rich.

· Registered
2,321 Posts
Critr Gitr attempting to assemble a crew .. targeting Newport

and some say I'm not crewless ... I'm clueless

Did I hear correct .. Fri-Sat is now a but day ?

· "The Old Salt"
10,968 Posts
I will be departing Depoe Bay at 0530 with "Memories" headed to
124.50x 44.50 and will stop short if i see jumpers
then I will hit the banana on the way in for some white gold
Will keep everyone posted on how I am doing out there
Chan 80 leaving and returning to port
chan 78 for fishy reports

· Registered
626 Posts
Will be taking the Black Jack out of Newport on Saturday. Probably won't get out till 6 AM as I have to gas up. Heading NW. Anybody seen the SST's?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.