IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Newport Tradewinds for a great Salmon and Bottom fishing Combo trip Sunday! The Captain and Deck Boss of the Ilwaco Indian were great, they really work hard so you can catch fish.

Four of us went on the trip, 12 people total limited 24 Salmon and also caught 11 Ling Cod and a few other bottom fishes.

My Wife and Jack spent the day crabbing from the dock while the guys were out fishing. Here's jack and me with a Chinook I caught.

Heres the crew from work just before Bill started chumming over the rail and in the toilet for the rest of the day.

Picture of some of the Salmon caught, forgot to take pics of the Ling Cod, Some nice big ones were caught but not by me.

Picture of fish being filleted at the dock.

Looking forward to doing it again next year. Thanks for all advise we recieved here on Ifish about the charter and info about fishing at Newport.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It was an awesome day fishing. i must say thanks to bill for keeping us in the fish by chumming for us. the day started fast for dennis and i because we were on the down riggers. after dennis and i limited on salmon. dennis in about 20 minutes and me in about an hour we let other people use the down riggers till they got there limit. the down riggers caught fish 5 to 1. needles to say everybody got a shot at the down riggers. in the afternoon the wind came up and it sure got rough. poor bill [ralph] :laugh: he spent about 4 hours chumming :laugh: the lings were bitting good. i had a double on the same pole. boy was that a hard one to reel in. :dance: well worth it though. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Good report, I like to hear of successful outing and the pics are great. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
H and H,
That kid of your is really growing. Still rember that great shot of him holding a salmon. That was classic. Good mess of fish you guys got into. Some serious eating awaits!
GBS

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hey either Jack is shrinking or your catching bigger fish. I am glad that you had a good time.

We did well that weekend as well Kyle started to turn green after 1 1/2 hours fishing at 4 miles out. We got 3 for the box and relesed 5 but had to turn home, I really did not want Kyles first trip at 6 to sour him for life. He was so cute while feeling sick on the last fish, he said ( I think I have enough energy to bring this last fish before I get sick)

Jet~~~

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spazz- You can use capital letters, just not ALL YOUR WORDS SHOULD BE CAPITAL OR IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING! Guess I sould have clarified. Yep it was a great day fishing- see you at work.

G.B.S- Thanks, the boy is a handfull!

Jet- Lets go get that big boat of yours fishy! Hope Kyle is feeling better!

-Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts