IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't the nice ocean we had yesterday, but it wasn't bad enough to make us turn back from the Rock Pile.

I was able to catch the largest nook of my life today on the north end of the Rock Pile trolling a hoochie with a chunk of herring. We got one 12 lb nook early in the morning, then after the wind died down for a little while, I went deep with the riggers and we banged out 3 more in about 25 minutes.
:dance:

My big one was a 43 lb'r. I know that isn't much for some of you folks, but I have never broke the 40 lb. mark before. :grin:

We got to say HI to WildHawg, Pilar and Albacore Tuna Capt. today. I hope you all did well on the spot were we got ours. :cheers:

SD

[ 08-25-2003, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Spoiled Daddy ]

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Spoiled Daddy,
You put UglyShad, my son, and I onto the bite yesterday (along with a few other priveledged folks :tongue: ). Thanks a pile. We got limits of King's, Ling's, and my son caught a halibut.
You might say it was his Fishmitzvah--he's 14, and caught his first Ling's and a 'but. Then to top it off, he caught 2 dandy nookers. A TRIPLE LIMIT for the boy. You played a big part in it! THANKS!!!
By the way, that was me who said "nice fish, but not quite as nice as the one I caught a few weeks ago" :wink: For the record, that fish was a pig in anybodys ocean!! My 43-45 lber was the biggest one I've ever pulled out of the salt too!!!
My wife likes to tell me and anyone who'll listen I am a real competitive guy--I say she's full of it!! I do know that I am a smartbutt--hope you know I was just messin' with ya.
In truth, I was just very jealous :rolleyes:
Thanks again my friend...and GREAT FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey Spoiled Daddy,
Don't forget about us over here in the valley....
I'd even run the camera while you were hook'en....
LPD316

1 - 11 of 11 Posts