IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991, Tillamook Bay, trolling out of the Trask toward the Oyster House when a boat 10' away from us hammers a Nook hook is set but the fish is off in seconds, we continue to troll. My rod then bottoms out, serious bouncing...I grab and give it a mighty hook set. But it just doesn't feel right, pump and reel, pump and reel fish is coming but something is amiss. I raise my rod tip, I see my spreader and then the Nook boils and I see the dilemia, I have hooked the recently lost fish right thru an eye on the broken off spreader. Unconventional way to hook a salmon but she was chock full of eggs and ate really good.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome ron!! Makes you wonder the chances of that hapenning? zilion to one or something. But the funny thing is ive seen that happen to my buddy. While drift fishing he hooked a nice steelie only to discover he had actually hooked the swivel of a leader that had buster off sometime before,we still talk about that one! :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts