IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have caught seagulls and dogs and even my fishing partner as well as myself in right shoulder but have yet to hook up a goose.

Good story and welcome aboard.

ken aka papahog

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Welcome DR! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's about time you made it on the board Dave. Welcome :cheers: . Nice story too. Just as a note to all the other ifishers out there: I know this guy(he is my neighbor) and I can personally vouch for the fact that he doesn't harm any animals, especially fish. Well, I guess that's not totally true. The 3" perch at Hagg are scared to death of him......... :laugh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks to all for the welcoming. To you Rimshot, thanks again for the "hook" up on this great site. This will give me hours of reading and enjoyment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Folks. Just wanted to throw a shout out to the folks that created this wonderful masterpiece of a website. Kudos to you!

On with my story.

My story starts out with a small mouth bass trip on the Willamette, near Oaks Park. My brother and I were getting skunked (it was January) by the bass. I had made some new spinners that were unproven and I was thinking that maybe I did something wrong. I looked out the side of the boat and noticed there was one Canadian Goose that was about 20 yards away from us. He was making a heck of a racket. After about 5 minutes of listening to him (and not getting any bites), I dared my brother to cast near the goose to get him to fly away. He did. Well, we found out that the spinners I made were great for catching geese. Somehow, it caught he tail feathers. The goose took off flying. My brother now had this goose flying around in a circle above us like a RC plane. It ended up doing 3 rotations around us(snapping my line in the process)before it finally shook his spinner loose. The goose then flew off down the river. My brother and I laugh to this day when we think about that moment in time.
(Note... No animals were hurt during this trip, including any smallmouth bass)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Great story. Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts