IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Posted a pic in here I hope it worked.

I have been a lurker here for the past month. In the middle of May I started fishing again. It has been about 5 years since I fished. Well I got the bug again. And it didnt take long. Just one trip to Dibbly beach in Rainer did it for me. This was a first for me to fish off beach. I used to have a boat and mainly fished the St. Helens area.

Anyhow on to my newbie story. My son and I decided to go fishing about a month ago off the beach in Rainer. It was that day that it was around 100 Degrees here. We got down there around 3PM and there were a lot of people in the water which can be expected this time of year. But I casted out about 30ft, and fished there for about two hours. Nothing really was happening on the beach except for the fishermen complaining about the swimmers messing up there fishing. So I got to thinking. The fish must be out there a ways with all these people in the water. What the heck I yanked it out there as far as I could, suprisingly it didnt seem as deep as you would think. About 5 minutes later my pole goes down and I got a Steelie dancing on the water out there. Got him on the bank. I yank it out there again and half hour later I got that 12lb steelie that you see on your left in that picture. He didnt come out of the water at all, and ran a lot making me think it was salmon. We got him in after a good fight and taking me down the beach we got him in. I have been plunkin in my spare time ever since. So far I have caught another steelhead and two salmon. Unforunatly the salmon I caught I havent had good luck with, first one was clipped but was before the season opened. I caught another one last Thursday that was a native. So I am still in search of a salmon I can bring home.

My son brought in his first Steelhead Monday night, he set the hook and I didnt have to touch his pole. He is having a blast.

Ifish is the best website for our area. It is great to share info. Thank you to all the contributers.

By the way if your plunkin dont buy any white tiger glows, they suck this year... :grin:

Steelhead_Scout

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Hi there and welcome to our group. Help us to make it fun, and informative. There is lots of information out there! :smile:
Jen

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Gee maybe I need to take and break and start over. Nice fish. Welsome abaord.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Nice set of fish welcome aboard and welcom back to fishing after such a long dry spell nice job!!
:cheers:
:grin: :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great a story and a picture... ya gotta love it when a new guy logs on and posts a great picture like that in his first post
:dance:
:dance:

Welcome to Ifish Scout, I hope to see many more pics in the future :cheers:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome aboard. :cheers: Nice fish. there's good fishing at Rainer below the bridge.

Good fishen Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts