IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Pearl here goes

It was saturday and all the chores were done so mama says lets go for a boat ride. Little did she know that the boat was already loaded for bear.
We decided to make a trip to the MC so we could do a little springer fishing and shad fishing too.
We anchored in a spot just below **** Is. away from other boats. After doing so we got all the lines out and started in on plating up the picnic when I look at my boys who are up on the bow (with life jackets on) and they decided that it would be cool to pull on the anchor line. They have about 3/4 of the line in and with the wind blowing up river,were now short lined. I look up only to see the bouy below us about fifty feet and started hollering what the H is going on. The scramble was on getting lines in that had crossed and were now knotted etc... We managed to keep the BOYS in the boat and got cooled down and untangled to fish and had a talk about what if all the line they had on the bow had become tangled in feet. A lesson learned for all aboard. No fish but can go again!

mtpar

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hopefully you din't get the anchor rope in the intakes or the prop!!

Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Finally.....Welcome out from the under belly of society known as lurkers.

Knowing your boys you will have many a story to tell in the future.

Wecome aboard :cheers:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Welcome to the next best thing to fishing!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.