IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes One day I went down to a river I have never fished before and when I arrived at the fishing hole a friend told me about. There were already two other fishermen there. As I walked by the first he pitched his bait out about five feet from the rock he was standing on and hooked a nice steelhead. After he had landed the fish up the trail he went. The next fishermen stepped up on the rock and picthed his bait about five feet out and hooked a steelhead also. When he landed his fish up the trail he went. Now I thought to myself, self could there be one more five feet from that rock. So I did what any fisherman would do I stepped up on that rock and piched that bait five feet out into the river and hooked a bright chrome hard fighting steelhead and when I landed that fish I could not find the pen that is always in my fishing bag so up the trail I went. To this day I often wonder what would have happened if I would have had that pen and pitched one more bait five feet out from that rock. :cheers:

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Intriguing story! Seems like the 5 foot seam was producing well. ... but isn't there a story behind your moniker? "Salmon Loser" ... hope it wasn't a really big one!

·
Registered
35 Posts
the best fishing stories always revolve around adversity. yours is right in there with the best of them. welcome aboard! :cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well Pete, I'll tell you. This guy has had the worst luck with springers this year. He is 0-5. I've been with him on two trips where the rod buries hard and I think "no way this fish is coming off" but as soon as salmon loser touches his rod and starts to work the reel....bing....fish off.

So I was helping figure out a name....by the way we work together....and we came up with several: cracker boy, salmon cracker, toohardahookset, nohookset, jerked off, bad luck, too slow...just to name a few.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Enjoyed your story. I lost my pen once and had to use pencil lead to mark my tag. Never got stopped and never heard if it was legal or not.

Welcome to the family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts