IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome You made your son a fisherman, It will cost him in the futue boats and gear lots of money. :cheers:

:dance:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Okay, I've piped in a few times without a fish story so here it is have a few so I'll pick a positive one. Fall salmon fishing last year 10:30am with my son Blake at age 7 and grand daughter Taylor age 7, Catapiller area put in at little boat launch which we was full parking in over flow area. As we dropped the boat into water with 2 boats waiting, left boat with son which we have done many times. Heard a voice above us in parking lot. I pulled truck and trailer out of hole parked across street came back the next person was still unloading boat, as lady and husband were waiting for this guy, she tells me it wasn't us that was yelling it was that guy, she says man he's taking longer then you did with two kids. So of course I asked him if it was going to take him all day. (Not very nicely) We made it out in our old '67 Glass Par, anchored up along with the other 100 or so boats. We had a great plan if a rod goes off this is what we all need to do, 12:00 Blake's alvin goes off bingo he lands a 18# after I get net stuck in spread looking like I know what I'm doing Blake tells me "DAD you lose my fish I'm going to be mad!!! 2:00 Grand daughter says she has to go poop! Tried to talk her into the bucket thing buy no... So 3:00 have them reel in there poles and tell son to reel mine in while I warm up the moter, As he reels the pole in he says "DAD pole just got heavy"! So I grab the rod set the hook put some major pressure on it and it just sits there, then I feel a little pressure come back at me, we have a sturgeon I tell him, we float back as he fights it, then the fight went WILD it was tearing the Blake up, finally he landed a 28#er. We head to launch and put boat on trailer walk Taylor to the toilet, and she says "I don't have to go now after seeing Blake catching that fish I don't have to go anymore. Man that hurt, the bite was great that day and we pulled up... It's great to see a kid out fish his dad, bad part is showed dad up again a few weeks ago. Made the story as short as I could!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice story. Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts