IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, :smile:
Very glad and honored to be joining all of you on this helpful and entertaining site. I found it just a couple of months again and was blown away with all the activity and the generous sharing of great fishing info and insights. And so much on the mighty Columbia!

Well, on with the story. A few years ago while doing a little mid summer fly fishing on Mt. Hood I hook a little more than I bargained for! I was using light gear and the wind was up. On my back cast the wind caught the fly and before I could say "Lookout for that flying Royal Coachman" ---- WHAM-----I'm (completely) HOOKED! Right in the cheek! :blush:

Here you can see, one of my buds taking an unsuccessful whack at removing it. If ever there was a case for barbless hooks this is it! This baby was not coming out with out a struggle.

So, after many failed attempts, much contemplation and a few beers it was clear that there was only one way it was coming out--- shove it all the way through and cut it off. If ever there was a case for sharp hooks this was it! Long story short---it worked like a charm!

I'm sure I'll have many more chances for embarrassing screw-ups but this is right up there as one of my best!

Great to be aboard!
Kelley Wilson

--Sorry for posting here and LIG too...meant to post in ifish Community only.---

[ 04-23-2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Would that qualify as being foul hooked? :shrug: :shrug: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slayer,
You could not be more right! :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I've seen kids pay good money to have a piercing like that. :wink:

Ouch and welcome aboard Digifish.

:cheers:

·
Banned
553 Posts
Dude!!! Ouch. Sorry I chuckled a bit, but the same thing happened to a buddy of mine. His was above the brow and he managed to work it back out with a barb!
Welcome aboard
KC

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
OUCH! Hope your future experiences aren't that painful! :grin: Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Welcome to ifish.

One time I was bass fishing with a couple of buddies. I was in the front of my sled throwing crakbaits (with treble hooks of course). About half way through a cast I heard one of my buds yell "STOP!!!!!!" I turned around to see my Rapalla hanging out of his face. I had hooked him right through the left eyelid. Another fraction of an inch and it would have been in his eyeball. It was ugly. A little creative onboard surgery with some spinner wire and we were able to get it out. Needless to say he ended up keeping one of my best crankbaits.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome I saw the same thing a guy on the river bank with a steelie wobbler stuck in his eyebrow and ask if I could take it out. :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Painful story. Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts