IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi …well here we go. I live out in Gresham but work out in L.A., so I’m usually home 2-4 day a week and try to make it to the water one of those days. It has been about ten years since my line has gotten wet until recently. Cleaning out the garage I came across my old tackle along with that the memories, and decided it was time to get back into the game. Family, life, work, etc. had taken its course. I mainly fish on the eastside and am looking to get back into salmon, steelhead and trout. So far within the last few weeks I’ve brought home two coho with my novice skills. (Any wisdom would not be turned down!!:grin:)

The story: When I was around 14 my dad bought a 14ft aluminum fishing boat. For the inaugural trip we decided to head up to Timothy. With the preparation in getting all the gear and boat ready we got up there later than planned, mid morning or so. The people we talked to on the bank and dock were all empty handed. With that in mind we headed across the lake and figured it would be a good time to test out the boat with the meager fishing going on. Once we found what we thought would be a good spot we started throwing out spinners. To our dismay, on each cast we could see 2-4 fish following them in on every cast! Within an hour we were back at the dock with full stringers and big smiles. I was in fishing heaven, and had some good eating that weekend! I can’t wait to gain new knowledge and have another weekend like that!!

-Sam

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Welcome, good job on the Coho, and thanks for the story.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Welcome! Always great to see new folks around here. :wave:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome aboard... I love days like that when nobodys catching fish heading home and then hit the lake with my nephews and limit in about an hour or so.... Glad you had one of those days

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Welcome to ifish. Nice intro and congrats on the coho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts