·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEWBEE worst day fish\'in

Hey all:

this is my newbee story.

the worst day fishin is not always better than the best day workin

My name is dave the moinker is froma tee shirt that I wear when I fish.

my story starts out with a very slow day of fishing (stergon) on the willemette, just 3 shakers. my father-inlaw & i decided to call it quits. so to the ramp at clackemette park. put boat on the trailer & my father-inlaw started to drive the truck up the ramp. well i forgot to tilt the motor. so back i went, tilted the motor, then back up to the bow. (whew! got motor just in time)

Then all of a sudden the brakes locked up on the truck.(must have gotten wet)
need less to say I was launched out the front of the boat. the next thing I heard was thes horrible snapping sound, followed by lots & lots of pain! I knew that some thing was messed up,but I had no idea how bad it was. We needed to get the boat home, as I did'nt want to leave my boat and several hundred $$$$ of fishin gear in the parking lot at the hospital, so home we went. we un hooked the trailer, and unloaded all the rods,reals & tackle boxes.

Then it was off to the hospital were I sat in the e.r. waiting room for 1 1/2 hrs. finly I got seen, and they wanted to cut off my cloths. I would not let them (I had three (3) shirts on all of them X-mas gifts! I got them off and the first thing out of nurses mouth is gee looks like mabe ya broke somthing. REALLY!!!

Any way long story longer. my shoulder was broken in four (4) places. and it took (2) surgeries to get it about 1/2 way normal.

So for those of you that ride in the boat up the boat ramp, be verry verry carful!!! If I do it at all I make sure I am sitting down in or near the bottom of the boat.

hey it's nice to finly be a member of such a great group of folks

later,
Dave

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Re: NEWBEE worst day fish\'in

Hi Dave, and Welcome to ifish. OUCH, that story makes me hurt just reading about it. I hope that the shoulder is all back to normal now, and you're able to have full use of it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
135 Posts

lesson i have learned is, never ever never fish with. the danged father-n-law. :laugh:

·
Registered
153 Posts

Ouch! Good story no less. Welcome to Ifish :cheers:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts

welcome aboard, amigo ! I've got a bum shoulder myself so I know how that is. Maybe I'll see you on the water sometime and we can compare surgery scars. Just do all us ifisher's a favor and stop fishing naked....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts