IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have heard that a fishing story is a must for a first time poster so here it goes.
I moved down to Portland about two years ago and thanks to a new friend (an unamed board member) in the area, I have been fishing since. I try to get to the Sandy as much as possible, last weekend no exception. My partner hooked into a nice steelhead below the hatchery and was working it toward the bank. :grin: Unfortunately being all thumbs doesn't help in this situation and as I was grabbing this paticular hatchery steel as my partner was continually chanting "take it easy" over and over like an Eagles song, it jumped and was gone before my cat like reflexes could take a second shot. :blush: Now my buddy says he doesn't blame me but I can assure you we will have to land another before he gives me a break. I tried to tell him that since I didn't have a fish yet he wasn't going to get one either but for some reason that just rub salt in the wound. The saddest part of the whole story is that a few weeks back I took my dad out to Sauvie for springers, I had a nice chinook on and when we got it to the bank the same thing happened to me, I thought to myself that I wouldn't let that happen again and that I would always have a net. I guess my cat like reflexes and my tack sharp memory just haven't been that succesful. :whazzup: I will just have to stand next to my partners smoker with my mouth watering until I get it right. :grin:

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Welcome to ifish, dog... thanks for the story! :smile:

Now who was that un named member again?

:smile:

Jen

·
Registered
670 Posts
That un named member wants everyone to know that you couldn't have a better fishing partner.

Doggfish - I will be at your place before the sun comes up to go try again. :cheers:

[ 05-30-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Adofish ]

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
:cheers:

:smile:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Welcome Aboard- and remember...the ones that get away just keep getting bigger and biger! :dance: :grin:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
heres a lesson....when picking fish up from the water without a net .....use a rag....helps with the slime

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice story. Welcome aboard! :cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes - good story. Stick that little postie on your tackle that says "NET!!!!" :smile:

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

GearUp (with a net that is)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts