IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ifish community,

I recently joined the coast guard, and am new to oregon. I'm stationed out of astoria, and I love fishing for steelhead, but have no clue of where to go. I'm originally from northern california, and fished some on the smith, rogue, and chetco. Any information anyone can give me on where to go, and what to use, would be very much appreciated.

· Registered
2,930 Posts
Welcome to the board. Thanks for your service. I can't answer your question for the Astoria area, but there is about 5000 or so people on here that probably will.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Het there Steeliegreen,
If :cheers: you ever have any free time, Let me know. If I am available, I would be happy to take you out. I live in Scappoose wich isnt to far from Astoria. Just Let me know. Keep up the good work, It is greatly appreciated by all. Todd

· Registered
1,422 Posts
I fished those same streams in Northern California when I went to Humboldt State. Know those rivers well. Welcome to the board. I don't head to Astoria till the summer time.

~steelymann~

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the advice, it's very helpful.
My best fishing story is probably when I was 14 yrs old, I went on a fishing trip mith my grandpa, we traveled from california to washington, fishing every stream we came to. I caught some great browns and rainbows. Trip of a lifetime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.