IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after many months of just reaping the rewards that Ifish has to offer, I have finally decided to register and write the dreaded "first post". Actually, I wasn't dreading it too much. I grew up in Tillamook and graduated a true "cheesemaker". Fished almost every river there at once time or another. Although one of my favorite trips as a kid was with my dad. I was about eight or nine when this happened and we decided to float the Nestucca for springers in early June/late May. Anyways, the first fish of the day was on the famous bobber, eggs, shrimp combination that the nookie absolutely inhaled. It ended up being about a 22lb buck, but to a eight year old kid, this seemed like the biggest fish of my life. Needless to say the day turned in to a great day when we proceeded to land three springers and a fiesty summer steelhead on the trip. Nothing better then a boat limit of steelhead and salmon.

I hope that this fulfills the obligation of the new post. I look forward to sharing some of my secrets that I have learned over the years, as well as some of the hot spots around my home town.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Let me be one of many to welcome you to the Ifish family!! :smile: You will learn lots, I know I have!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
I was Tillamook born and a true Cheesemaker also, but I wont hold that against you :wink: I see you list Corvallis as your location, I even moved to Corvallis for 6 years following HS.

Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Welcome aboard. Like Bait o Eggs said we won't hold growing up in Tillamook against you. :wink:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't hold being from Tillamook against me. There are many things that Tillamook has to offer: cheese, fishing, icecream, cheese, cheese,. . .
Although, the smell does get a little ripe once in a while.

·
Registered
588 Posts
great to have you on board, you have been culled from the lurkers net, and hence redeemed so your days of future fishing can be guilt free :cheers:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Great story, Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Welcome Tillamook Born.

Nothing wrong with being a true cheesemaker, proud to say that i'm one myself.

But try living in the Scappoose area and working with a couple of guy's that you played football against in High School. These Scappoose guy's seem to forget that back when I played, we beat them BAD!!!!!!!!

But know my son is playing sports here for Scappoose, so far chearing for Scappose has been great, I just don't go when Tillamook is in town. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Welcome TB,

It's a great place here!

Rebell, we'll see you Friday, October 17th, 7p.m. here in Tillamook. Come on down! :grin:

:wink: :cheers:

[ 09-09-2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Gone Fishin ]

·
Administrator
119,602 Posts
I have lived in Tillamook for four years now.
Do you ever get used to the smell?
Luckily, where I live, unless we get a strong East wind, I don't have to smell it. But driving into town, GAG!

J

1 - 14 of 14 Posts