IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going out with fi****is this past weekend he informed me that It was tradition to post a fishing story. so here goes. My father's friend "Ed" who is no longer with us....owned some property outside of Longbeach in Washington. My Father and Ed and I went out to Buoy 10 to catch some fish I beleive I was 12 or 13. After rocking and rolling around for a 1/2 hour I was sick as a person drinking a gallon of whiskey...needless to say I lost my breakfast and was not having a ton of fun. About 15 minutes after I gained my composure, Ed says...Jeff, I think you've got something there. My rod was bent almost in half and bouncing all over the place. I grabbed it and started reeling, pretty easily actually. Ed said...oh, you've probably got a sand Shark on the end of your line. As I reeled we noticed a large flat fish on the end of the line. Then Ed gasps..oh my...that's the biggest flounder I've ever seen! Sure enough...once we got it into the boat it was huge..and weird looking...I was expecting something that looked like a fish, not a rock. If I remember correctly is was roughly 18 inches across....and 22 inches long.... I watched Ed peel the skin off of it a few hours later and decided that I wouldn't be trying to catch any of Flounder anytime. The meat was excellent and I was pretty darn proud. I might have a picture of it somewhere... So, there's my fishing story. I must that ifish for hooking me up with some really cool people here.... Hopefully I will be able to share a new fishing story real soon.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Great story. Several years ago we caught 5 flounder at Buoy 10 trolling for salmon.

Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris~

Glad to talk with you also...I called to see if you wanted to fish McIver this PM and you weren't around. I checked the guides forecast on the main web page and say Ian Premo...I called him and we chatted....my goodness...all the guys I grew up with are fishing guides...pretty cool. Now if I could get some fish in the freezer...shouldn't be a problem with all this advice on here. Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.