IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and wanted to say "Hello". It is my understanding as a new member I should post a fishing story. As I am a technical type guy, my creative writing skills are not as practiced as my fishing skills. The following story should prove that I not very good at that either. Anyway, here we go.

A couple of years back, I had my birthday off and planned a day of bass fishing on a local resevoir. I own a 12' Gregor that I have built a casting deck on with a foot operated bow mounted trolling motor. I, as with most bass fishers, carry many rods rigged for different techniques. With a 12' boat this can make for a lot of clutter.

Being that it was June I was fishing a Carolina rigged Zoom lizard. On making another cast with the Carolina rig, I heard a splash next to my boat. I looked down to find that on my back cast the leader had wrapped around another rod tip and on the forward cast I picthed it into the water. As quickly as possible, I tried to grab the sinking rod and reel. I knelt down on another rod and snapped it in half. I then took a second swipe at the slowly sinking rod. This sent me head first into the lake. One rod broken, another rod and reel at the bottom and a fisherman hanging onto the side of his boat.
After climbing back in the boat it started to rain. This was a sure sign to me and I enjoyed the rest of my birthday from the safety of a bar stool.

So, if you are out fishing and see some guy hanging onto the the side of a Gregor. Say hello as it will most likely be me.

·
Premium Member
14,745 Posts
i certainly wouldn't try that on the willamette or columbia. yet another good reason to wear your PFD at all times.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Adofish, welcome aboard! :cheers:

Good story... scary, and costly, and dangerous, but some days on the water are better than others. And, indeed, yet another reason to have that PFD on, at all times.... Tim :wink:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Welcome to ifsh and happy and safe fishing to you :cheers:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Never had anything like that remotely happen to me. :hoboy: :hoboy: :shrug: Welcome to Ifish.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All, thanks for the welcome. For the record the PFD is always on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.