IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers:This is my first posting to your site. I live in the Salem Oregon area after retiring from the Air Force and bought a North River boat. I loved fishing with my Dad when I was young but haven’t been out much in the last 25 years. I’m looking for a good source to get maps of Oregon, Washington and Idaho rivers and lakes. I’m looking for something that gives good directions to the water and also bottom contours. I don't know if there are any web sights that can help but I haven't found them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
King Lingcod
49,083 Posts
Welcome, retired Army myself. They will want a fish story, it is a tradition.
Best info is right here just about. Just watch out for mis- info, you know us fishermen, we like to tell stories. I am a river rat, so not much help from me for your river info.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Welcome aboard ... Just start posting ?'s... O.K. now... Where's the fish story...:wink:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Most of us have spent hours and days scouting and driving back roads and fishing bad spots before really learning, "what, where, when............how?"
Join ANWS or other fishing org. and search, ask and yea shall receive.

Story please?:flowered:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
story....story....story....then you shall be blessed with more detailed information....just as soon as they share it with me...just kidding...welcome to ifish and back to fishing..now....story????? :meme:

·
Registered
19,631 Posts
Thank you for your service to our country.:cheers:
Judging by your name, by any chance did you crew on tankers?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I've always found the book "Fishing in Oregon" by Madelynne Diness Sheehan to be a fantastic resource. It's got pretty good maps of the major fisheries such as the Columbia, Willamette, Sandy, and other rivers around, and quite a few Lakes. And it tells detailed descriptions of what to catch and how to catch them at each location. Also how to get there. it's got pretty much every lake, river and stream in Oregon. Doesn't really show depth contours like you're looking for, but if you're just starting to get back into fishing, it's a great resource. It's updated quite often too, I think it's up to the 10th edition. Look it up! I know they've got it at Powells books and probably any other bookstore. :grin:

-Joseph

·
Registered
19,631 Posts
Or maybe a silo man. KaBOOM!

Welcome to ifish.

The air crewmen on a tanker, that controls the air to air refueling boom, is refereed to as the Boomer, or boom operator.
I have been lucky enough to have seen both operations, sitting next to the boomer, and on the other end, seated behind the pilot, in a F4 Phantom.
The boomer flys the boom like a airplane, into the inflight refueling receptacle, located just aft of the rear cockpit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Freespool, I was a boom operator for 20 years and have over 3,000 hours on the tanker. As for the story I'm still trying to learn how to tell a story with out using my hands. I'll have to tell the story at a later time, mother-in-laws Birthday party tonight. thanks for the info so far and I am proud to have served.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts