IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some might remember a post I made awhile back Question for V-8 jet owners. Well, here are the results with the help of all your responses.
It's a 19' Luxor and I did go with the 350 Chev as most suggested (carbureted}, with an AT 309 pump and HTR II nozzle. As you can see I also went with the dual axle upgrade on the trailer and put a 8hp High Thrust Yamaha on a welded kicker bracket. I finally finished outfitting the boat for fishing Sunday night, so along with a couple of coworkers we initiated her in style. Monday morning we fished below the mouth of the Cowlitz and put 5 Chinooks in the cooler. Should have been 6 but the last one broke off. Thanks to all that helped me in the decision making process.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Gorgeous!!

Except for the tow rig, of course!!

TR, drivin' a F350....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

how do you like it ? I was looking at the 19' envoy w/175 sport jet.

Sure is a purrrdy boat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Swwwweeeeet! Boat! Ihave the 19" Luxor 240 Sportjet w/hardtop. Same color scheme, and pull it with a 2002 Dodge 4x4 Quad cab Turbo Diesel of the same color. So, far I've lived up to my name and haven't netted one salmon yet. Just haven't had the time to get out. Great job breaking that boat in right. Keep up the good work. Hope to get some blood in mine soon!

·
Registered
10,882 Posts
Very nice boat! :cheers: I'm envious now :grin:

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Nice boat.

The big question...do you have too much power with that 350?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Nice boat but you got a tandem trailer of the wrong brand. :depressed: Check your bearings often so you don't become part of the two year scored spindle club. :rolleyes:

I will not comment on the tow vehicle. :wink:

WD, also driving an F-350 PSD
:wink:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Now your making think inboard again. :whazzup: I had decided on the Luxor 20'/Suzuki 140.

Saaweet looking boat :bowdown:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Awesome Boat ! I bought the 20 Ft Luxor with the 140 Suzuki. Love the set up and great mileage too.

Congrats..good looking machine! Enjoy :dance:
RD

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, for you Ford fella's, it probably takes a F350 for a tow rig :laugh: . Fish Slapper, They make boats without windshields :shrug: ?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Wierd double post 56 minites apart........ :shrug:

[ 09-10-2003, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: WaterDog ]

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice set up, you need some white & green highlights added to it...

Where's the I-fish stickers?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
19' with a 350, I bet you set yourself back in the seat when you lay on the throttle :dance:

Sweet Boat! Good choice on the upgrades.

[ 09-11-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: ChinookSlayer ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts