IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a good chunk of springer, filet it and skin it.

Take some good bbq sauce and glob it on both sides.

Use on of those wire bbq holders with the handles, and hold it over a cookie sheet to catch droppings.

Then, take some chipolte peppers and (try to keep most of the seeds out, if you don't like spicy!) mold them into the bbq sauce on both sides.

Then, sprinkle brown sugar, quite heavy, on the top of that, and press it in. This gives the salmon a nice crunch.

After that, take those seasoned sliced almonds and press those all over the whole thing, making a crust.

Light the [email protected], and offset the salmon. Make sure to use good alder chips in a tin pan on the coals. Immediately close the lid, and let it cook, off the main heat for about 25 minutes.

YUM

J

·
Registered
67 Posts
that sound great

but try this one

take a fillet and skin it.
put in baking dish and into the oven for about 15 at 300. next take a cream of (mushroom, celery or even chicken) mixed with milk.

pour over the top and then bake for 20 more minutes.

next take a 1/2 cup montery cheese 1/2 cup tillamook medium cheddar and put over the top
turn oven to broil cook till cheese is brown

this is great

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
SOunds good Jen, Try this one.

Marinade for Salmon on the BBQ

1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
2 TBS. Olive Oil
2 TSP. Seasame Oil
Dried Herbs (Parsley, Oregan, Dill Basil, etc.)
Grated Lemon Peel

I also add Garlic, about 10 cloves (more the better is the way I feel)
Crushed Red Pepper
Grated Orange Peel
White Pepper
a touch of Ginger

Mix up Marinade and let fish soak for at least an hour and then BBQ. We do it in the smoker side of the BBQ and let it cook for about an Hour at 250 DEG. Adding alder to get it good and smokey.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Another one I use is.

Fat Free Catalina Dressing
Crushed Red Pepper
Lots of Fresh Garlic
Fresh Ginger
Green Onions
A little Olive Oil

Marinate for most of the afternoon and then BBQ.

Man I am glad dinner is cooking I am getting hungry

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mae Ploy (brand) Sweet chili sauce. It is sweet and spicy at the same time. Skamania Lodge uses it on Friday nights when they have their all you can eat seafood buffet. Once, I almost ate an entire Steelhead they put out with this sauce on it. We buy it at the Saigon Market in Kennewick. I made up a couple of salmon at work recently and diced up red,green and yellow peppers. A little bit of fresh garlic and a half a bottle of Mae. They love me at work! :cheers:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I read all the receipes for Spring Chinook, sounds
great, might be great for Fall Chinook, but the only way to cook Spring Chinook, is as follows:
I usualy filet the fish or if not steak it, but
I then cut it into 2x2 pieces leaving the skin on,
flour the pieces, I use a baggy and sprinkle my
favorite seasoning in with the flour. Heat up your
frying pan or electric pan, high heat,use butter
and place fish pieces in the hot buttered pan, takes about 10 minutes, keep turning the fish cubes, do not over cook it. What this does is keeps all the emno oil (fish oil which is good for
you) and the juices in this seared fish, can't be
beat. When I was first told about this method by
Old Jim Conway I thought he was nuts, but I tried
it and have been sold on it ever sence, I use to
bq it on foil this tends to just poach it, which is good don't get me wrong, but other then lemon
juice and butter I would not like to ruin the flavor of this wornderful treat.

My opion only!
Charlie

·
Registered
512 Posts
Fillet it / skin it
Line baking pan with foil (clean-up easier)
Mix 1/4 cup sour cream with 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
Lightly salt and pepper fillets
Place in baking dish, spread sour cream/dill mix evenly over fillets
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until flakey.
OOOOOOOOO it's good!!!

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
OK, try this. Lemon pepper, Lowery's seasoned salt, Johnie's sea food season, Chile powder,butter. My wife likes to add a little Garlic and onion salt and a little dill weed. DO NOT OVER COOK!!! Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts