IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody bought one of these yet? They are too cool. I got to hold one at the Great American Tackle Store in Clackamas. Excellent drag, Awesome clicker, Outstanding looks. Also has a Heavy Duty handle. $159 - $169. Gotta get a couple of these. Seem to be better than the Calcuttas.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I fished with one on saturday and loved it! Talk about smooth.... The large grip on the handle was a treat. Everything about the reel was great. I olny wish it came in a left hand model.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Weird reel. Cast frame rather than machined, painted metal rather than anodized, but one more BB than the Calcutta (3BB/1RB vs 2BB/1RB for the Calcutta). I wonder what the target market is?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looked like such a great reel I bought one! I think it is going to be an excellent Salmon reel for the Columbia. They even have 2 models with a line counter.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Look for Shimanos new reel to come out soon. I dont know the name of it but its shaped like a calcutta. It has some sort of electronic dealy in it that essentially prevents overruns, and you're supposed to be able to cast it as far as you can. I heard the price will be around 400 bones for it!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
From what I found it has all the good stuff on the inside and they skimped on the frame. For Salmon and such I really don’t think a guy needs to have machined Aluminum for the frame. What I felt when the reel was screaming with a 12 lb finned fish Coho on the end of the line was a quality reel. I really did like the line counter; it did not stick out as much as most of the line counter reels out there (okuma). When you reset the counter it is positive and feels like it will last more than a few trips.

Target market? I would think that they are going after the guy that wants a $400 Trinidad but is on a budget so they took the best of the high dollar and shaved it from there.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I bought one today and hope to break it in this weekend. Nice drag. Loaded it with Power Pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts