IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sturgeon Tom has suggested something that I think has a lot of merit. This is what we are proposing:

Ifish is a group of people that I believe, help one another. We also help and contribute BACK to ifish.

In order to use the class ads, from now on, you must contribute to ifish, by having at least 15 fishing posts to the community.

We were thinking that if you'd like to use the class ads, without being a member, you may, for a small fee.

It's just not fair for ifish to pay for your uploaded images and bandwidth, if all you want to do is to use our portal for your sales and purchases.

Please comment here, if you would like, but I think our minds are pretty set.

I think it's reasonable to insist that you are a contributing member before you use our services.

Other rules are,

No linking to e bay or other like auctions.
No "posting this for a friend"
No commerical sales.

The Classifieds section of ifish is for one time private sales. Multiple production of one item may not be continuously advertised. These boards use, excludes any legal business, unless those businesses are specifically Ifish vendors.
www.ifish.net assumes no responsibility for items bought, sold or traded.
Transactions are between private individuals and normal caution should be exercised.
We suggest a donation for continued free use of this area.

Also, see this link!

We also depend on you, the member, to notify us of when your sales are no longer needed on the board. We also appreciate notification of someone else's sale complete, in case the person doing the sale, forgets.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter~!

Jen

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Jennie,

I think that is a great idea! Support that 100%.
I also think that 15 might be a little low. I am personally suspect of items for sale from low post users. Maybe 25 posts.

Maybe charge for the serve based on the number of posts.

ie < 10 posts ad is $10, 10 - 25 posts $8, 25-50 posts $7 etc... After 307 posts the ad is free!

EK

[ 09-29-2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: El-Kabong ]

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I think 15 is a little low...but the idea is fantastic!!

Kudos...

TR

·
Registered
89 Posts
Being a new member, (that has not used the classifieds yet.) I agree with you on your suggestions. I also think that 15 posts is a little short. Anybody could go on and post 15 in a day\afternoon. Most wouldn't do it if they had to accomplish say, 100. You might also want to implement a couple week holding pattern after they accomplish the specified postings as a secondary firewall, so to say.

Thank you for offering Ifish.net.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I totally support that plan. There are a lot of items on the ads posted by people with "1" as there post count. :hoboy:

That just ain't right.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are a few of us members that don't get a lot of posts, I will log on and read a post and feel I have some input, but will read down the reply's and see someone else has said what I would have posted.

I'm also not one to post high fives, smilies, after each fish picture. However this would get my post counts up though.

I get a lot of info here and when I get a chance will I do post some ideas and fishing reports.

So,I'm all for a $donation but don't see how someone with 15 or even 100+ posts has contributed to ifish with a bunch of graemlins.

my .02$

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Good idea :grin: :dance:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
50 posts
-or-
3 months membership

TR

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I think it should take at least 2,100 posts. :tongue:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do think that 50 is more like it.

Let me try and figure out some other way, for people who want to come in and post that don't have that many posts.

Suggestions?

Jen

·
Registered
670 Posts
Another vote for "Great idea".

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm back down to the 15 requirement. Why? Because some people just don't post that often. Like Pete said, "Certainly your first posts should not be using the class ads."

I feel that way. Some people just don't have an extra opinion after 50 people have voiced theirs. :smile:

So, let's leave it at 15?

No "Fry" members are allowed to post ads.
Thank you to Sturgeon Tom for kicking me into gear and finally doing something about this!
Jen

Jen

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Good idea Jennie.Its about time,I don't think it would hurt us one bit to give say 10% of the sale back to i-fish for support of i-fish either.
Bob

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Northriverman, the point is to c o n t r i b u t e !!! Either fishing info, or whatever!
:smile:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts