IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this before? Just got it via e-mail

· Registered
4,953 Posts
Thats the new craze........haul your Elk on the roof of grandmas 1984 Dodge Colt :grin: :applause: :applause: Hunting is great time, getting your Bull Elk even better, putting to test Grannys Dodge Colt...PRICELESS

· Registered
3,148 Posts
No! No! No! guys your missing what really happen, They hit that thing, it stayed there and they tied it down! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Those Montanan's are some crazy people! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You got to love them though! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

· Registered
757 Posts
Also being from Montana I can say, sooo? If it won't fit in the trunk where else are you going to put it. It is far more hygenic to skin and butcher while hanging in the barn, or dorm as the case may be! May not be the most sensitive way to transport an elk in this social environment. Though you have to admit, at least they were smart enough not to put it on the engine compartment.

Yeti

· Registered
980 Posts
It's not just Montanan's. When I still lived in Wa. we helped a guy load an elk onto a Volvo wagon. It sure fit better than that one does.
He sure looked funny with an elk strapped to the roof, head hanging over the windshield, bobbed off legs hanging out past the drivers side about a foot, and a driver with a huge grin driving down I90.

· Registered
6,717 Posts
I wonder how they got the thing up there, period! Trying to wrestle a whole bull into the back of a pickup with about 4 guys is a gutwrencher in itself, but two dudes wrestling that bull on top of a car??? All I can say is... :bowdown:

sp

· Registered
1,699 Posts
Not the politicaly correct way I guess,but like said before sometimes "ya gotta do what ya gotta do". I used to hunt out of a VW baja bug,and although I never had that problem(do to lack of a willing elk participant)I would have seen no other option,I mean a whole deer would fit in back,but a whole elk would have to sit up top.As far as getting it up there ya just run a rope over the car,tie it off to a tree,tie it off to the elk,and back up,that hatch back probably made a real handy loading ramp.Course I do supose the "PC thing" to do would be throw a blanket or tarp over the bull,I would hate to make a P.E.T.A.phile lose their lunch.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.