IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great board you folks have here, I make a point of stopping by here at least once a day.
My story is really my wife's story, when we first started dating many moons ago I took her summerun steelhead fishing on the North fork of the Skykomish. After loosing three fish in a row she was pretty fustrated! I told her to hang in there and her time would come. The next trip she landed a chrome bright 8LB hen out of a hole no bigger than 10' in dia. I still carry the picture
of her and that fish.I tell everyone that it's the only picture I have of her that's worth a damm!
On to the help section, I will be down your way the 10th-13th of this month in Eugene. I need to take my 14yo son out fishing, he's a die hard like me. I have no knowledge of that area and was looking for some suggestions. I'm game for any type of fishing. Help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow
Thanks for the tips. My son and myself hit the Mckenzie on Fri & Sat, fishing below Leaburg Dam. Hooked into a few springers and had a blast. We stopped @ Wilsonville to pickup our license and my son spotted Scott Haugen's book on egg cures setting on the counter, he wanted a copy when he saw they were signed by Scott. The owner said (would you like to have your own personally signed copy) :tongue: Of course he resounded with a big Yes! She called Scott up and made arrangements to have one dropped off at the store. We continued up to the Dam @ Leaburg and had a blast hooking into a few Springers. I think my son got a bigger thrill at getting a signed book than he did in hooking the fish. Thanks agian Ifishers for the info! :cheers: Great people make an experiance like that a lifetime memory!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.