IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't think of anything really good but here it goes. A buddy wants to take out his 12' Livingston with a 15 hp motor in the Columbia River. I agree to go, so we launch and get goin' I look down and see water :whazzup: I notice we had niether of the 2 plugs in. I hurry and put them in, sit down and think what to do.( Normally I fish in larger boats or at least ones with more hp.)I think about it and decide to kick it into gear ,get up on plane and pull the plugs to let the water suck back out. Let me be the one to tell you it WON'T work in that boat. As quick as those plugs came out we had 2 beautiful streams of water coming in about a foot high.
I know this works in other boats with more hp as I have other ex fishin' buddies that have done it.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
:shocked: :shocked:

Welcome to Ifish. :cheers:

See you on the NFL.

:smile:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
:shocked: you need some speed for that to work, great story and welcome to Ifish :cheers:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just curious, how wet did you get? Don't worry, you are not the only one to experience the "missing plug" dillema. While waiting in line, we have watched some real excitement at the Garibaldi boat ramp.

Welcome to our family. You may want to enter a "how to remember the plug" tip in the new member contest.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
ah yes, another stupid boat trick. Happens to ALL of us! Nice to know you're human like the rest of us. Welcome aboard!! Enjoy our group!
GBS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts