IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hello to everyone here.
I've been snooping around here for a few years, absorbing all the pages on forums. Have learned a lot, enough to purchase my first NW style boat (Fishrite Fishmaster) to replace the tin that I had before.

I have a lot of experience with high elevation lakes. After work during summer my local reservoir to fish for walleye/trout/small mouth and occasional catfish/carp is 25mins away at 5600'. The other waters I hit are all between 4500'-9000' in elevation.
I used to ICE fish, but just got out of it this year. Getting old, no fun sitting on a block of cracking ice at 0 deg temps.

I spend any free time I have in the garage, restoring a 56 f-100 or fishing out of my boat, throwing flies in the stream. I am in the water so much, that CO invited me to participate in their feed back roundtables. I don't always catch the biggest fish and i do get skunked but beats sitting in a chair working.

Currently working on building my side, front and rear drop curtains in my boat. I have two cannons for fishing 100' for lake trout, the noisy tohatsu 6hp as kicker, bow mount 80lbs minnkota and a 40hp merc pushing me.
I document all my upgrades/repairs on my youtube channel to share as well.

Again, appreciate all the posts on the forums. I look forward to questions/comments.
Omie

·
King Lingcod
49,104 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have an old Army buddy near you. Colorado is a nice state. No Dungeness crab though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, no crabs here.
Do best with what we have.
I'm a bit jealous of the NW and all the water to fish, wondering if many there fish year round.
We have only one reservoir that is open for boating during winter that doesn't completely ice up and yesterday nobody got anything on it. Still had 2" ice sheets in the coves.

·
King Lingcod
49,104 Posts
I try to fish year around, my boat is always ready. I fish only the Ocean and it gets pretty rough in winter. When the flat days come, you go out and hammer them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts