IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to Ifish and thought I would tell you all a bit about myself.

I have been fishing most of my life, mostly lake fishing (trout, kokanee etc.). Just recently I had an itching to spend time fishing for salmon.

After several unsuccessful trips, I decided to take a charter out last July. Every year my wife, child (now children) and I spend a week in Rockaway for her family reunion. So I figured I would invite some of the in-laws to join me on an excursion out to sea for coho. Altogether 7 of us made reservations to go out.

As soon as the crew had dropped the lines, fish-on. I must have reeled in 5 or six fish that day. Most of the fish caught that day where wild coho which had to be thrown back, I would say about 20 fish had been reeled in that morning. My father in-law and I limited out first thing in the morning, and we had to do everything in our power to not grab the poles that were going off(I would say he and I had the most excitement). My limit included 1 coho and 1 chinook, who would have thought my first time catching salmon I would get 1 of each.

We set off out of Garibaldi, and had the best crew you could imagine. The crew was just as excited about us catching fish as we were. Considering what had happened a few weeks before we went out, this crew was moving on with life!

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
A huge welcome to my cousin, BFM!!!! :cheers: Took you long enough :grin:

Your free gift, as my cousin and new iFish member - free lifetime membership in Team Cast and Blast. :grin: Maybe one day you'll come fishing with me again.

Welcome aboard, cuz!!

ORS

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
BendFishMan,

Welcome!!!! :cheers: I suppose you're from Bend? and Fish?, and are a Man? Duh! :grin: :wink: ...

and WOW! A lifetime membership to the FAB THREE?!!! er,........four! :cool: I'm sure in a year there will be five................. HUNDRED! :wink:
:laugh:

ORS is a great guy I met through Ifish, and I'm sure you'll meet many great people, too.

BTW: Where's Skahorse? :whazzup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ORS - thanks for the membership, and welcome ! :dance:

BD - Thanks for the welcome, and I am sure if I can ever get out of my house I will meet more Ifishers. My wife and I have a 6 week old daughter and a 3 year old boy - needless to say the weekends consist of giving my wife a little break.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
BFM,

Welcome to ifish and TCAB. But your not really a TCAB member until you annointed with an officiallly licensed, specially embroidered t-shirt courtesy of your cousin, aka our tight wad founder, ORS :grin: Maybe if you offer to help pay for his furnace :wink:

But seriously, welcome :cheers:

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Well, now you've met the smarta$$ (oh, I guess we all are) of the bunch! :grin: :laugh: I will forever curse the rod with which you fish, SC!! :grin:

ORS

[ 01-26-2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: OregonRedside ]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Now that you have experienced the salmon thing, you will have to come back to try your luck at clams and crabs too.

Welcome to our family of I-fishers, and I-crabbers and I-clammers.

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
TCAB - OregonRedside, Skahorse, Boatdog, SafetyChain, BendFishMan - we'll hit that 500 mark in no time...heck if I made to 1000 posts in four months, who knows what we can do with this. Time for a bigger boat! OK, everyone pony up $6k and we'll get the offcial TCAB vessel! Ready, set! :laugh: :laugh:

BD - let's borrow that sturgeon strectcher from Sturgeon 42 and let's see if it works on your boat! :laugh: :laugh:

Ska - just assumed all you guys were in it for the long haul. :grin:

ORS

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I will forever curse the rod with which you fish, SC!!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I tried to come up with something good here about my rod, but it just wouldn't sound right :grin:

6K, that just would not be enough. We would need the boat, shed, tractor, furnace, generator and amps. Not to mention the neon sign :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts