IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, Well I got into fly fishing about 3 years ago, and now i cant stop. I fish atleast once a week all day, usually on saturdays or sundays. Im always looking for some new place or species to fish in the "off" season. I like to continue my fishing year around. I mostly like fishing for trout. I caught my first steelhead on a fly last year on the willy. I also like fly fishing for crappie, bass, and carp. I have'nt been able to find a real good place though. Found a couple for carp, but nothing to consistent for bass and crappie. I will be on vacation from work in a couple weeks, and was thinking of taking a drive up to portland. I want to find a place to fish for crappie, bass, and carp. I might even drive up the gorge to some of the ponds alond I-84. If anyone has any good ideas, let me know. I know this is'nt the best time for bass and crappie, but i thought i would give it a try. Thanks

· Registered
818 Posts
The willamette from the mouth all the way to about salem has excellent smallmouth bass fishing. Right now they are a little tough to get at with a fly since they are deeper but in the spring and fall it can be lights out!

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.