IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Iowa. The only fishing I did as a kid was for bluegill and bullhead. I moved out to the northwest after college and never really did any fishing. My father in law talked me into going on a charter sturgeon trip while he was up visiting. I didn't know what a sturgeon was but it sounded fun. I was the first one to catch a fish. It was in the 38" range. I had never seen a fish that big much less caught one and was pretty excited about the whole experience. Just as quick as it was in the boat the captain threw it overboard and said it was to small. I was stunned and about threw the captain overboard with the fish. Of course I heard fishing stories the rest of the day. Can't say I believed him until I talked to some other fishermen in the area. I have been hooked on fishing ever since.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Welcome aboard. Did you get to cath any legal size fish?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi there! I think you'll like it here.

"Fishing gives you a sense of where you fit in the scheme of things - Your place in the universe...I, mean, here I am, one small guy with a fishing pole on this vast beach and out there in the blue expanse of ocean are these hundreds of millions of fish...laughing at me."
Unknown

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome to Ifish!! As you have probably noticed, around here we have a name for bluegills and bullheads, it's called BAIT!! :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome to our family PORTER. How long have you lived in the N/W? Hope you will be able to fish the fall Chinook rua as I believe it will be a dandy. If someone throws your fall Chinook overboard, you do have the right to throw them over. Ha Ha!!!!!

Again, welcome.

:dance:

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Thanks for the story. One time my brother almost threw me overboard for dropping his salmon over the side of the boat. :shocked:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts