IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
2 posts ago. :laugh: Just kidding. not really required but it has somewhat been adopted to let others know a little about yourself.

Welcome aboard :grin:
So...lets hear your story :wink:

[ 11-08-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well , here is the story I`m going to start with.Years ago when I was not apart of the boating community I fished off the beach of Fort Flagler which is on Marrowstone Island,Wa.One late afternoon in July I decided to hit the beach in search of summer kings,on my way over the sand I heard the sound of kids playing and of course they just happen to be playing in the exact spot that I usually fished but that was OK because I had my waders on so I could wade out in front of them to start throwing a lure. The water was so calm it was like glass. There was a family which included the Dad who was also fishing ,the mother and their 5 yr. old daughter.The little girl who was cute as a button had a little mickey mouse trout pole with zebco reel.It was obvious she was armed for the big one.She would cast and I might add not bad for a 5yr. old in behind me . I kept expecting to get slapped up the side of my head with her lure . Not long into the evening I heard the little girl screaming in excitement as she had hooked a candlefish . She was so excited , She ran over to her Dad to show him but he wasn`t too interested , it seemed the grownups couldn`t catch anything but she could even if it was only bait .Not even ten minutes pass and she was back throwing her lure back into the water but now she was armed with a lure and a candlefish.As she is casting I notice she is only able to get her lure out about 15 ft from shore so I know I am safe from any surgery to the head. But now the excitement starts ,on her last cast I hear a commotion in the water just to my right ,as I turn to look I see a flash scream by me just missing my legs, I now hear the little girl screaming out of shear horror with the rod held up to face with both hands clinched on the handle and eyes closed ,she had just hooked a salmon.But as fast as it had started it was even a faster ending .The little zebco reel only had about 15 yds. of line on it and when that fish hit the end of what was left, bye bye fishy.She was so dissapointed and the family had to leave. There is a happy ending though , The very next afternoon the same little girl was back to do battle and battle she would do .On her third cast she hooked a 15 lb. king and her dad was right there to help her land it this time . I don`t think I`ve seen a more lit up little kid in all my life, well except for my kids when they caught their first salmon. Life is good when you have memories of old like these.

[ 11-15-2003, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: KingCap ]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Welcome Aboard, :grin:
Keep it Reel, and have fun.
Fire :cheers:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Welcome aboard, Glad to have ya. :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts