IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make because if I don't I know my fishin buddy MOJO here in Idaho will nark me off. I have been reading this great web page for almost two years now and have not posted anything. I'm kind of the shy type and feel like an outsider being so far inland. The reason I jumped into steelhead and salmon fishing the last three years is I've been a hard core elk/deer hunter all my life and at 51 years old my back and knees have been encouraging me to slow down a little. I still hunt but fishing is consuming more of my time. I have learned from reading your articles and stories that if I don't start off with a fishing story you guys are going to hammer me so here it is. Last year MOJO took me to Strike Res. in Idaho for a sturgeon trip in his 22' Alumaweld. We caught 7 sturgeon that day but the highlite of the trip was when I hooked a fish and started to fight it. MOJO grabbed the other rod, and out of habit gave it a big yank. He had a fish on also but with the lines fairly close together we assumed it was the same fish. Wrong! About that time the two lines went zooming by each other throwing up spray and then my fish jumped. It was awesome. We knew we would have a nightmare trying to land both fish tied up to the bank so I untied the boat. The fish drug us out into the reservoir and pulled us around awhile. We both had the poles over our shoulders visiting while the fish fought each other. We landed both 7 footers. Thanks to MOJO for a very memorable day. It was as much fun as the times I fished for Hogs below Bonneville. I am heading for Tillamook Bay in October and am looking forward to catching some chromers.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Cool story and welcome to Ifish :cheers:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yeah, well as I recall that day, mine was bigger. Nice try Bro... :grin: About time you posted a story...think of all the stupid Mojo stories you could have shared. Welcome to ifish. Now you can start asking all the Guru's around here questions, instead of bugging me all the time.

(Mojo disclaimer: Out Back is really a good guy. I just have to give him grief because we have been friends for almost 20 years. My sturgeon WAS bigger. Yes he regularly out-fishes me, but only because I let him. Your milage may differ. Certain models not available with air-bags...)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Most of that water gets here eventually.
Welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts