IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved from Portland,OR to the Steel city (Graduate School), but have been keeping tabs on the fish runs through the discussion board. Seeing the pictures makes me homesick, and jealous. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get out on some of the mid-west rivers and contribute a picture of those elusive Michigan, Ohio, PA, WI, and MI, steelhead. (Yep, they've got steelhead out this way...and the fish ain't seen nothing like me.)

My quick fish story is that one day on the South Santiam, in the hog line at Wiley Creek, my buddy hooked into a fish, then broke off. About 10 minutes later, I felt a tug on my line, I had a fish on. Or so I thought. I banked the fish, but saw that my hook was actually through the eye of his swivell. I released it, after taking my buddies hook out of the corner of the fish's mouth.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Hey PAsteelie! Welcome! Sorry mon about no longer living in God`s country, but you`ll survive I`m sure, cuz I hear there is some good fishin` back there also. S.Santiam? Sounds kinda familiar! N. Santiam for me, but have explored the south branch over the years. Welp, good luck over yonder mon! Later, Fishft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts