IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm a new guy so here goes the story. I grew up fishing the Southern Oregon Coast in my dads charter boat The Blue Dolfin. Fishing these waters was getting fustrating with the short seasons and low returns. After moving to Portland, stories of Buoy 10 have always left me a little skeptical. So last year my budy talked me into bringing the boat over there for the season. On our first outing to the CR buoy, We had a double header within minutes and never looked back! On one trip we had been getting into young chinook all day. I hooked into what I thought to be another. Just a light pull on the drag. As i started to reel I noticed in the swell next to the boat, a giant hog just taking a breather. Well the most intresting thing about this fish was the herring hanging from the side of his mouth.... MY HERRING!!! By the time my buddy and I formulated the plan to land the thing he took off like shot. He must have relised he'd been hooked. With the fish so close and so green, a drag just a bit too tight... You know the rest of the story. That was the biggest fish I've ever seen (watched a few 40-45ers on the Rogue landed). That hog will forever be my white whale!
:shrug:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Great Story and Welcome!! :cheers:

·
Registered
554 Posts
incentive to keep putting in time on the river!!! welcome to the board. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Great story. Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
GREAT story welcome aboard and welcome to bouy 10 fishing. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks for the story. Gotta love it, I bet you've replayed that situation in your mind a thousand times, trying to figure out how you could have landed the fish. Such a great story I'm even thinging how that would have affected me. Welcome to the group. Mike :shocked:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Great story and welcome to ifish! Some of the biggest fish ever caught were the ones never landed :laugh: :laugh: But ya gotta love the RUSH!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts