IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was @ portland performance marine yesterday and seen a slide rail setup for pole holders or anything that a guy might want to mount to you boat.
Has anyone tried one of these units and who makes them?
A neat idea and would give a fisherman the option to be able to move your pole holder where you want them depending on how you are fishing.
Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
GaryB

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Stuck on plane for hours on Friday, bought about 5 fishing and boat mags, remember an ad for a slide along the transom of a boat that you could mount/move rod holders and knife/plier holders ... was thinking same thing, but before I ordered, wanted to see on in person and talk to someone who's field tested.

· Registered
14,716 Posts
I think you are talking about sliding rod holders. Coffee cup holders, fish cleaning stations, cleats for anchoring.....Handy little things.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
I made my own using some marine grade aluminum bar stock and some rub rail rubber from a drift boat. I used a couple of stainless nuts as standoffs and drilled, tapped, and counter sunk some machine bolts to attach it to the transom. Works great since I can move the holders where I want them. I think the total cost was about $60.00 including the 2 drift boat slide holder mounts I bought.

-LOL

· Registered
14,716 Posts
Uhhmmm,

why not just buy the units at PPM?

· Registered
1,199 Posts
I have 4 on my boat, and they work great. I've been told that they will eventually wear down the paint, so gunnel guards are nice to add also. They're around $30 a piece at PPM if I remember correctly.

Steve/RR

· Registered
1,106 Posts
I looked into this last year and I think that you can get them from a North River Boat dealer and I know for sure that Willie has them for their boats. The Willie models are $ 25 a piece but for their older boats they need some slight modifications. Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
i have 6 on my boat, 3 per side,, at first when i got the boat i didnt think much of it but now cant think of not having them,, when you can move your rod holders, its easy to set the boat up for different types of fishin,, and for myself i like my LUCKY rod holder, i can move it from the transom all the way to bow if i want to,,

rw

· Registered
77 Posts
macatrac is the best stuff you can get for an accessory I have it on my boat the cool thing is they can custom fit it for your specific need and it is industructable will not fade in the sun or crack from hard use it is the real deal why drill a bunch of holes in you nice boat when you can just put a adustable track system don't buy a knock off i looked at the non macatrac stuff very tacky looking knckoffs won;t slide like the MACATRAC will the website is www.macatrac.com Extreme Marine and outdoor sells it also 503-380-5223 www.extrememarineoutdoor.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.