IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a lifetime of waiting... :grin:

2003 20' Hewescraft Searunner with Honda 115/9.9.

:dance: Birdnest :dance:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nice!! :cheers:

RF

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice ride I hope you enjoy it.....My brother-in-law picked one a up at the Jan. boat show very similar to yours....He has good words for the boat... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Here is our little one getting ready for the humpies this summer.

Side view at Lake Whatcom.

Birdnest

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thank you, thank you and thank you. That's a sweet pic of an even sweeter boat. It's the one my father and I have been looking into. You have made me very jealous. And cause my dad to opt for a second sea trial. Thank you!

Even the same color scheme!

MH

P.S. Any current owners have a rough water story or two that they would like to share?????

[ 05-09-2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Bankbound ]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice! Now that you've got that one, you'll be wanting a bigger one within three-five....just kidding, you'll be able to enjoy that one for years! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Birdnest,

Great choice. We have the 18' Searunner and my only complaint is it is 2' short of what I should have got. You will really enjoy the extra room.

Bankbound,

Yes, I have a rough water story to tell. It still brings shivers to me when I think about it. The boat handled it very well, but I should never have been in the place I was in to begin with. It was a great learning experience, but almost a costly one. My 18' does very well in choppy water and swells. We regularily fish the ocean, but we can pick our days easier than those who have to drive to the coast. Mine handles Odell's and Wickiup winds extremely well, as well as the Columbia and the Snake when we get that far east. We have had zero problems with our Honda 90.

SD

·
Registered
186 Posts
Birdnest,
Great looking boat! I'm also from Bellingham (thought that picture of the lake looked familiar). I'll be looking for it on the water this fall.
chumsalmon

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Very nice birdsnest!
Looks like a very stable and fishable boat!

Nice family too!!!

ENJOY

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice Boat!....I know how excited you must be as I just got a new one too!

You beat me to the water though, mine goes on it's maiden voyage tomorrow!

Congrats!

Kurt

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Very pretty! You might want to investigate a sealer for the exposed aluminum below your half paint. It's no fun finding the white spots that are etched in the metal. The calcium stuff that the DOT places on the road for de-icing just loves to corrode pretty sleds!!!! Do a seasrch on here for "gator hide" or something like that. My boat is already pitted so I'm not going to do it, but I would with a new one.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crossing Eyes,

The boat is about 1600lbs dry, the main motor is around 500lbs, and the kicker is probably about 100+lbs. The fuel cell is 52 gallons, so you can add a couple of hundred pounds real quick.

Thanks for all the kind boat welcomes.

Birdnest

·
Registered
209 Posts
some day i will too have a nice boat like that. very nice boat!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Birdnest, it looks like you have a nice boat and real Keeper in the life jacket. You keep the boat and I'l take that fishing companion any day. Must be nice to have it all.

Zink for salt water use will help eliminate the pitting.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts