IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a kicker bracket for my new Custom Weld. I would like one that has spring or piston assisted lifting. Anybody have good luck with one brand or another?

As for the the boat (17ft sport), I can't say enough about it. I had them make the hull with a 14 degree deadrise with no pad. It handles 2 ft chop as well or better than an 18ft glassply, my grandpa has one and we did some testing last week. Very dry ride, tracks very well when quartering through swells at speed, beamy and solid.

I should mention that there have been a few issues with the finish: a bit of carpet has bubbled (not glued,) some of the deck vinyl was not glued properly and the trailer I bought from CW has rust. CW has assured me that I will be taken care of and to go use the boat for a while before having those issues addresed.

By the end of the weekend, I'll have it all rigged out for Hanford Reach URB's and McNary steelhead. My last boat was a 15ft 1968 Hewescraft, this is such a step up I'm not going to do with myself!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the OMC bracket and love it. Some say it will wear out over time from a lot of trailering but the bushings should not be hard to replace. They are expensive ( $500.00 at Northwest Jet) but I found one on ebay for just over $100.00 and it works great. You may also want to check out a power trim and tilt unit on a stationary bracket or better yet get a Yamaha T8 with power trim and tilt. I will sell you my old finger pinching aluminum Fulton bracket really cheap!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bellinghamangler

I have the Garelick outboard bracket it has torsion springs for easy lifting. I have a Yamaha T8 on it and it works great it costs about $250.00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts