IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was fishing big creek about 7 years ago. had a good spot with about 20 other people. when this guy I never got his name started calling out help. I turned and seen him and his young son about 11 or 12 years old about 15 yards down the creek. the kid was turning blue and choking on something. I am a IBEW tech and have been trained in first aid so ran up to the child he was turning blue. So i gave him the Heimlich maneuver and he coughed out a bunch of cheese and crackers. got a good breath of air in and stated breathing on his own.His father shook my hand and left to take the child to the doctors. never found out anything about this but feel confident that everything was ok.I was thankful that my union takes so much care to give us this valueable training. I urge everyone with or with out kids to get first aid training. You never know when or who may need it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sweet. Welcome to ifish :applause: I took my son fishing and he got a corky stuck in his nose :rolleyes: Was able to get it out by plugging his other nostril and telling him to blow though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts