IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
119,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited!
I can't believe how many days I have been driven off of the river, due to being cold. Either that, or stuck, frozen solid, to a boat seat, unable to really fish effectively, due to being so cold!

Those days are over!

I can't begin to tell you how much I love my Exotherms, and my USIA gear!

I keep this hat in my tackle bag, at all times. Not only does it keep my hair from flying all over, while we are running in the jet sled, but it keeps me really warm. Check these out for a stocking stuffer gift, for those you love... or buy one for yourself:

You can buy them online,HERE.

When it's really, really cold, I wear my Exotherm ll outfit.

I can even wear these with waders or breathable waders over them. No more cold! I can also wear this under my dry suit.

Talk about toasty!

When it's raining, I wear this with my rain gear over them.

I can wear my Thermolux suit, in the same fashion, but it's a little more handy at times, when I want to be able to adjust for warmer afternoons.

I just take off the jacket, and it's perfect!

One thing I't totally be lost without, are my Exotherm l's. I mean, I wear these things around the house, to the store, AND for under fishing waders, all the time. They are warm, cozy, and soft. I just adore them. I have THREE pairs! You can even have ifish patches sewn on them!

Everyone else in the house is cold, and I'm not EVER cold when I wear these! Want to cut down on your heating bill? Get some!

You don't know what a relief it is to not have to worry about cold, anymore.

Yesterday, it was freezing out on the water, in the morning.

I was wearing my Thermolux, and Bill, a Cabelas duck coat. A good, warm one! Guess who was cold? NOT ME! :smile: :smile:

There is going to be lots of freezing days ahead. If you plan on taking your gal out on the water, make sure she is dressed right, and you will have a much better time, than if she freezes out!

Start her in the Exotherm ones, and I just know you'll move up to the others!

I just read about their new ones, the Exolite! Those are NEXT on my list!

There are some products that you come across that no one needs to ask you to post about. This one is one of them. My fishing life has truly changed for the better, because of these warmies!

In fact, I'm wearing them, right now!!!

Jen

[ 10-31-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know what I find? Since my body is so incredibly warm, my hands tend to stay warmer, too. It's amazing. Kujo said this would be the case, when I asked him, and he was right.
I still do get frozen fingers, but it takes a WHOLE lot longer for them to get that way.

About bathrooming... Yes, it is a problem. I guess they used to make a zip crotch style, just for this problem, and I would give anything to try that, instead. I've asked about this before.
It gets REALLY cold in the bushes, outside, when you have to strip down to your skivies, with nothing on top. Plus, you have to find really good privacy bushes! :smile:

Jen

·
Administrator
119,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and actually for a guy, it's GREAT, cuz the zippers zip from both ends, just for that purpose, I'm sure.

Doesn't help me much, though!

Jen

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can vouch for these too. This is what we have to wear under our nomex dry suits when we fly in the helicopter. The only problem is the water temp. depends on what we have to wear. So even on those days in the summer when the mercury starts to get up there we are still bundled up like it is winter.
notaclue

G

·
Hey! I recognize the background of those photos! Products marketed on the beach at Pacific City HAVE to be GOOD! Next time a dory pic in the background might help out though.....
Dave

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Jen...Darling :wink: those people have never fished a day in their lives :tongue: Have they ever climbed the sand hill in those suits?? Bet not :laugh: But they sure look nice not doing so :smile:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
448 Posts
For the women,

Have you ever seen the female attachment for a portable jon? Allows you to relieve yourself standing up and not dropping trou.

I accidently ran into a girl using this. She was standing up with her back turned. I thought it was a guy and was really embarassed to find out it was a girl. She was about as embarrassed as me and felt she had to explain and filled me in why she was standing up. (I would have been real embarrassed if she was squatting when I walked up on her)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi Jennie,

They suits do look really warm!

But...what happens when nature calls? For a guy -- it's not quite so bad -- but for a young woman :blush: , getting out of one of these suits looks tough. Add waders or a dry suit, and then you'll need the astronaut pack. :grin:

Whenever my wife goes on a boat -- she'll stop drinking liquids hours before, as well as during the boat ride. I hate being dehydrated so I couldn't do that.

Keeping the hands warm when fishing is my problem area. Always the issue with dexterity versus insulation thickness. Cutting the wind and keeping warm is the only way to keep fishing with weather like this.

:cheers:
Blind Squirrel

·
Administrator
119,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I've heard of that. No thanks! :smile:
Yes, Dorkfish, they have fished several full days in their lives..

They own the Black Rocket! ! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
We own the Exotherm I and Exotherm II suits and one of Kujo's warm-up coats. Bought them on a tour of his factory. What an operation!

These are fine products. The winter steelhead and spring chinook are in big, big trouble.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Originally posted by Mrdorkfish:
Jen...Darling :wink: those people have never fished a day in their lives :tongue: Have they ever climbed the sand hill in those suits?? Bet not :laugh: But they sure look nice not doing so :smile:

MrDorkfish

Louis
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Sorry about your mis conception, but "those" people are either "certified SCUBA instructors" or well seasoned spearfishermen (and women). Pound for pound, you wouldn't stand a chance! They caught and shot more fish than you've ever seen on National Geographic!

CAPT KUJO

·
Administrator
119,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thumper... too funny!
I was fishing with Pete, Bill, and BR shooter in the pouring down rain for Springers..
I was wearing the Thermolux, and standing in the rain, while all the boys were hovering under the boat top. :smile:

I wasn't cold at all! It was SO cool!

Jen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts